|erlang-maintainers at erl
|Posted: Wed Feb 24, 1999 3:10 pm
|We are proud to announce that a new release of Open Source Erlang is
available at http://www.erlang.org/ and it's mirror sites.
Erlang is a small concurrent functional programming language developed
by Ericsson. It is being used by Ericsson as a systems programming
language for large concurrent distributed systems.
This is the second Open source release of the Erlang programming
language and its libraries. The release is called 47.4.1.
It has the following improvements and additions to the first release
of Open Source Erlang.
- Clean build on a variety of targets with both gcc and a variety of
- Clean build of the faster BEAM erlang compiler
- Much easier build process of the GUI libraries
- A new direct interface to tk4.2 is provided which makes
it possible to write GUI applications in Erlang with good
performance characteristics. This new library is called "etk".
- An application called "os_mon" is released. This is an application
which makes it possible to monitor the world in the surrounding
Operating System from within Erlang.
- A new and improved version of the Erlang WWW server is released.
- RPM's and binary releases are available for various platforms.
- Executables as well as the source code for the win32 platform are
released. It is now possible to use the version of Erlang found at
http://www.erlang.org to write distributed applications running in
heterogeneous environment consisting of unix and win32 machines.
The release consists of a tremendous amount of source code and
documentation. In particular we have:
- The erlang runtime system.
- Two different erlang compilers, JAM and BEAM.
- The distributed DBMS Mnesia.
- A GUI toolkit.
- Distributed debugger.
- A web server.
- A Corba ORB.
- An SNMP toolkit.
- The Open Telecom Platform system libraries. (release management)
All the source code compiles and runs on unixes as well as the win32 platform.
We hope you will enjoy it!
Best wishes from the Erlang team.
Post generated using Mail2Forum (http://m2f.sourceforge.net)
|Back to top
All times are GMT
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum